Thursday 8 September 2011

This weekend?

Well for those of you following me on Twitter, you'll know I was hoping to take part in some of Scotland's Food & Drink Fortnite.  In particular I was thinking how lovely it would be to take a little trip to EatBute as I've never been there before and it sounds ace.  Mount Stuart looks stunning and a splendid way to spend a Saturday with my girl, and if I'm lucky Daddy Wild might be able to accompany us too.

And then I got distracted by the many, many events on in Dumfries & Galloway for the Food & Drink Fortnight.  Which actually just prompted me into a big sulk, as it's simply too far away for a day trip, and purely underlined the fact that there is simply nothing similar happening near where we happen to live.  Sometimes North Ayrshire sucks.  Sigh.

Then there's Doors Open Days all September, to which I haven't managed to make a single location.  Some nice places to seduce you this weekend, including some of Glasgow's museums.

If you've ever read my other my blog you'll know I'm well into my foraging.  So I'm also torn to go along to Finlaystone Country Estate's Food For Free foraging walk.

If I were in Edinburgh, I'd head to the Edinburgh Mela with an empty tummy so I could eat my way around the day!

Closer to home, I'm probably most excited about taking part in River Cottage's Seven Mushroom Challenge!  I say this because we've had a mammoth amount of rain this week and all of a sudden today the temperature rose again, which I think makes it pretty ideal for a lot of mushrooms?!  I guess there's only one way to find out....

In reality and complete honesty..... if Daddy Wild is off work this weekend, then we'll be making the most of that by finally building the greenhouse I bought about 2 months ago.
Oh joy of joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment